As you all know that SP1 for Windows Server 2008 R2 and Windows 7 just gone RTM adding two new virtualization capabilities: Dynamic Memory and RemoteFX
How do I upgrade from SCVMM 2008 R2 to SP1?
Pretty simple, just 4 steps to upgrade
- Backup VMM Database
- Launch setup and follow the Upgrade Wizard
- Repeat on each box [Console, Self-Service Web Server, Operations Manager Server]
- Remove, then import new PRO Management Pack in Operations Manager
- R2 Agents are supported in SP1, no need to re-deploy agents to Hosts and Library Servers
- Upgrade the Integration components on all the VMs.
VMM 2008 R2 SP1 will take the virtualization management to a whole new level and is scheduled to be released within 30 days of SP1 released by the Windows Server Team. So we can expect it sometime next month.
I hope this post was of some help for those who are expecting VMM to be able to manage Dynamic Memory and RemoteFX on multiple hosts from a single console instead of managing it locally using Hyper V manager on each box.
Continue At Source