From the SCOM team blog:
The collaboration of the Visio and Operations Manager teams has shipped two deliverables for the Office 2010 wave immediately following last Friday’s Office 2010 RTM. This release consists of two downloads:
1. Visio 2010 Add-in and Operations Manager 2007 R2
2. SharePoint 2010 Visio Services Data Provider
In addition to all the great functionality we added in the original Visio 2007 add-in, this adds,
- The Visio 2010 Add-in fully integrates the Visio 2007 add-in functionality into the Visio 2010 ribbon for a seamless user experience.
- The SharePoint 2010 Visio Services Data Provider leverages the power of Visio Services to provide the ability display Visio diagrams as live dashboards in SharePoint pulling health state directly from Operations Manager.
The user can create a Visio-based view of an application, service or infrastructure – either based on an exported Operations Manager diagram view or a Visio diagram that was linked to Operations Manager managed objects (computers, web site, perspectives, etc.), just as with the Visio 2007 Add-in.
Visio diagram in Visio 2010:
After this, the user can now save the publish the diagram to SharePoint 2010 as a web drawing, and when you browse to the document in SharePoint, you’ll get the same experience of a seeing a live Visio based dashboard pulling health state from Operations Manager:
Same Visio diagram in SharePoint 2010: Wow!
Stay tuned at MMS, as the SharePoint Visio Services Data Provider will have some quick exposure in Kenon’s demo during the BobMu keynote. Also Rory McCaw’s and Maarten Goet’s sessions will feature this, and we are preparing to add this to the live monitoring of the labs.
Here’s a Visio diagram, shown in SharePoint 2010, hosted in an Operations Manager web page view from Bob Muglia’s keynote:
· These downloads are now live from the Visio Toolbox site at http://visiotoolbox.com/downloads/addins/Visio_2010_Add-in_for_System_Center_Operations_Manager_2007_R2_961.aspx.
· The documentation is available in the Operations Manager tech center.
Resources from the Visio 2007 add-in: