Microsoft has released an update for Windows Server Update Services (WSUS) 3.0 Service Pack 2 (SP2). This article includes information about the contents of the update and how to obtain the update.
Issues that are fixed in this updateThe following Microsoft Knowledge Base articles describe the issues that are included in this update:
- 2530678 (http://support.microsoft.com/kb/2530678/ ) System Center Update Publisher does not publish customized updates to a computer if WSUS 3.0 SP2 and the .Net Framework 4.0 are installed
- 2530709 (http://support.microsoft.com/kb/2530709/ ) "Metadata only" updates cannot be expired or revised in WSUS 3.0 SP2
- Consider the following scenario:
- You connect to Windows Update through a network proxy that uses HTTPS or SSL content inspection.
- An intermediate server is in between the SSL traffic of the client and Windows Update.
For a list of URLs and domains to exclude, click the following article number to view the article in the Microsoft Knowledge Base:
885819 (http://support.microsoft.com/kb/885819/ ) You experience problems when you access the Windows Update Version 6 Web site through a server that is running ISA Server
- If you install the executable file (.exe) manually, you will have to restart the computer for the update to be applied.
- Remote Microsoft SQL Server administrators must download and install the update by using an account that has SQL Administrator permissions.
- The update requires that Windows Internal Database or SQL Server is running.