Welcome to the public Beta for new Data Protection Manager 2012. Please download the beta and try it for yourself.
The key DPM 2012 features that will be available for BETA validations are -
- Centralized Management (Built on the Ops Manager platform)
- Centralized Monitoring and Troubleshooting
- Remote Administration
- Remote Recovery
- Push To Resume Backups
- Role Based Access
- Continued Best of Breed Application Support
- SharePoint Item Level recovery without restoring Content DB
- SQL FILESTREAM support
- SharePoint RBS support
- Hyper-V Item Level Restore from a DPM running in a VM
- Faster protection of VMs on stand-alone Hyper-V servers.
- Fresh DPM 2012 Console User Interface
- Data Source Extensibility Framework
- Certificate Based Protection of non-AD machines
- File Server
- SQL Servers
- Hyper-V servers
- Clustered Data sources
- Secondary DPM servers.
- Tape Enhancements:
- Enhanced Granular Media Co-Location
- Tape Reliability Enhancements
- Multiple DPM DB databases share a single remote SQL Instance
- Upgrade support from DPM 2010
We do not recommend to deploy this Beta into Production. This Beta is not supported by Customer Services and Support (CSS). If you have questions, please visit the DPM 2012 Beta Forum on http://social.technet.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/dataprotectionmanager Help improve SCDPM 2012 Beta by submitting bugs to the Connect Feedback Center.