It’s my great pleasure to announce today a comprehensive package to leverage your development skills while learning to build applications for Windows Phone. The Microsoft & Nokia agreement has been described at length over the past few months and, like Matt Bencke highlighted, one of our goals has been to make it easy for Nokia Symbian developers to learn Windows Phone.
So, folks from Microsoft and Nokia worked together to build a great package to help you get started. This helpful package contains the following tools and documentation to help you along the path to learning Windows Phone development:
- The “Windows Phone Guide for Symbian Qt Application Developers” white paper,
- The addition of Symbian Qt to the Windows Phone API mapping tool
- The “Nokia Windows Phone Training” roadshow, a series of developer events starting today in Paris
The “Windows Phone Guide for Symbian Qt Application Developers” white paper is about 100 pages organized in 8 chapters.
- Chapter 1: Introducing Windows Phone Platform to Symbian^3 Qt Application Developers
- Chapter 2: Windows Phone Application Design Guidelines
- Chapter 3: Windows Phone Developer and Designer Tools
- Chapter 4: C# programming
- Chapter 5: Introducing Windows Phone Application Life Cycle
- Chapter 6: Porting Applications to Windows Phone
- Chapter 7: Windows Phone Example Applications
- Chapter 8: Using the API Mapping Tool
The white paper is available in different formats (HTML, DOCX & PDF). Feel free to leave comments, suggestions, and/or corrections on the online version.
Full Story At Source