URL Rewrite Module 2.0 provides a rule-based rewriting mechanism for changing requested URL’s before they get processed by web server and for modifying response content before it gets served to HTTP clients.
Microsoft URL Rewrite Module 2.0 for IIS 7 RC is an incremental release that includes all the features from version 1.1, and adds support for rewriting of request and response headers as well as response content. More specifically, it can be used to:
- Replace the URLs generated by a web application in the response HTML with a more user friendly and search engine friendly equivalent.
- Modify the links in the HTML markup generated by a web application behind a reverse proxy.
- Fix up the content of any HTTP response by using regular expression pattern matching.
- Modify HTTP request headers and IIS server variables.
- Modify HTTP response headers
- Update for IIS 7.0 FastCGI module (KB 954946);
- Hotfix for IIS 7.0 SetUri function (KB 949172)
- Hotfix for ASP.NET System.Web.dll (KB 957660