URL rewrite module provides a rule-based rewriting mechanism for changing requested URL’s before they get processed by web server.
The Microsoft URL Rewrite Module 1.1 for IIS 7 provides flexible rules-based rewrite engine that can be used to perform broad spectrum of URL manipulation tasks, including, but not limited to:
- Enabling user friendly and search engine friendly URL with dynamic web applications;
- Rewriting URL’s based on HTTP headers and server variables;
- Web site content handling;
- Controlling access to web site content based on URL segments or request metadata.
- Update for IIS 7.0 FastCGI module (KB 954946);
- Hotfix for IIS 7.0 SetUri function (KB 949172)
- Hotfix for ASP.NET System.Web.dll (KB 957660)
- Microsoft Visual C++ 2008 SP1 Redistributable Package