SQL Server Compact 3.5 SP1 Beta is the service pack release for SQL Server Compact 3.5 and it also installs with SQL Server 2008 CTP and Visual Studio 2008 SP1 Beta. The Beta release has the following new features:
- Support for the ADO.NET Entity Framework for creating flexible, strongly typed queries by using LINQ. Install Visual Studio 2008 SP1 Beta for developing ADO.Net Entity Framework applications with SQL Server Compact 3.5 SP1 Beta
- Case-sensitive collations at the database level
- SSMS in SQL Server 2008 can be used for administering a SQL Server Compact database
- Ability to replicate the new data types in SQL Server 2008 such as date, time, datetime2, datetimeoffset, geography, and geometry. The new data types in SQL Server 2008 are mapped to nchar, nvarchar, image, etc.
- Data replication with SQL Server 2000, SQL Server 2005 and SQL Server 2008 by using Synchronization Services for ADO.NET v1.0 SP1 Beta for both desktop and mobile devices
- Data replication with SQL Server 2005 and SQL Server 2008 using merge replication and Remote Data Access (RDA) and enhanced version compatibility for merge replication
Download At Source