Here is a quick overview:
What's new with TP2?
- IIS7 Powershell provider now supports SSL (installing and acquiring a certificate, creating an ssl site binding)
- Tech Preview 2 ships with 40 new cmdlets. All of these cmdlets are for day-to-day IIS tasks like creating web-sites, web-applications, enabled request tracing, adding a handler or a module.The complete list is at http://learn.iis.net/page.aspx/492/using-the-task-based-cmdlets
- We fixed number of bugs and significantly improved performance of internal query engine.
The IIS7 PowerShell Provider offers
- Create Web-Sites, Web Applications, Virtual Directories and Application Pools
- Change Simple Configuration Properties on Web-Sites, Application Pools, Web Applications and Virtual Directories
- Add and Change Complex Configuration Settings
- Query Run-time Data (Web-Site State, Application Pool State, Currently Executing Requests)
- Execute Advanced Configuration Tasks, Scripting, Integration with other PowerShell Snap-Ins and features
- Search and Discover Configuration Settings
DOWNLOAD:Tech Preview 1 of the IIS 7.0 PowerShell Provider can be found here: x86: http://iis.net/downloads/default.aspx?tabid=34&g=6&i=1664x64: http://iis.net/downloads/default.aspx?tabid=34&g=6&i=1665
FORUMS: Go to our PowerShell forum if you need support or if you are looking for 'Tips and Tricks'http://forums.iis.net/1151.aspx