Microsoft System Center Configuration Manager 2007 Dashboard lets customers track application and operating system deployments, security updates, the health status, and IT compliance with key regulations—with an easy to use, customizable Web interface. Because the Dashboard is built on Windows® SharePoint® Services, IT staff can access information without using the Configuration Manager console.
IT administrators and IT support staff need easier access to key information about software and operating system deployments, client health, and compliance with regulations. They must ensure that their systems and software meet the configuration requirements established for the organization. And they need the ability to track this information without having access to a System Center Configuration Manager console. Key Benefits Benefits of the dashboard include:
- Actionable information out of the box. The dashboard comes with a wide range of valuable, built-in reports that IT managers can access without using the Configuration Manager console.
- Centralized, near-real-time access to key information. The graphical dashboard lets customers view any Configuration Manager data set in near-real time—without leaving their desk.
- Easy to build and configure. The dashboard’s wizard-based tools let customers easily create new dashboards in minutes.
- Easy to customize. The dashboard can easily be customized to meet the needs of different departments and other groups. Any data set in the Configuration Manager database can be presented on the dashboard, in chart, gauge, and table formats.
- Flexible & interactive. Users can easily filter data and create ad hoc, custom views. Filters allow users to quickly drill down from high-level to more specific data.