After 5 long years Vista RTM's Now what?
- Well you can now try to get the RTM bits asap, call a friend at Microsoft. (I did)
- Maybe MS will put an evaluation edition online soon
- Wait for it to be available on MS TechNet, MSDN, or Licensing download servers (7 days after RTM)
- You can try to go to a launch event in your country/region (check local Microsoft site)
- If you don't like RTM bits, but only run beta code [8-|] you can change your focus on Windows Longhorn Server (Windows Server 2008) there you can expect a lot test builds before that RTM's.
- Or sign up to Windows Vista SP1 beta, yes SP1 of Vista will be released the same time as Windows Server 2008, this will sync the Vista kernel to Windows Server 2008 and fix all those Vista bugs that will appear in the coming 10 months.