The System Builder Bypass tool (sbbypass.exe) will allow system builders to download and install critical updates on new PCs without the requirement to activate or validate.
Download the System Builder Bypass tool. Need to be member of OEM system builder site.The System Builder Bypass tool is to be used to assist system builders with building a new PC, and thus requires sysprep to be running in factory mode. An internet connection is required to download critical updates.
UsageThe tool may be used with the following operating systems:
- Microsoft Windows XP Professional Edition
- Microsoft Windows XP Home Edition
- Microsoft Windows XP Media Center Edition
- Microsoft Windows XP Tablet Edition
- Microsoft Windows XP Starter Edition
- Microsoft Windows Server 2003, Standard Edition
- Microsoft Windows Server 2003, Enterprise Edition
- Microsoft Windows Server 2003, Web Edition
- Microsoft Windows Server 2003, Datacenter Edition
Running the toolType "sbbypass.exe" at a command prompt on the computer that requires critical updates. You may use additional parameters, discussed below.
Note: If a reboot is required, you must manually reboot the machine and run the sbbypass tool again.
Common Usage ScenarioMany system builders will run the tool by copying it to C:\sbbypass.exe and simply running it from a Command Line (either manually or as part of an automated process):
The tool will not run correctly without sysprep running on the computer.
Additional command line switches can be found by running sbbypass.exe /? from a command line.DIGG THIS