This service pack updates the HPC Pack 2008 R2 products listed in the 'System Requirements' section. It provides improved reliability, as well as an enhanced feature set including:
- You can submit jobs to an on-premises head node or to the Windows Azure HPC Scheduler over the HTTPS protocol on port 443.
- You can now mount a VHD to both Windows Azure worker nodes as well as VM nodes.
- Hpcpack is installed automatically on Windows Azure worker nodes in a “burst” scenario. You can use hpcpack to copy files from the storage account to a Windows Azure node, or from a Windows Azure node to the storage account.
For more information on what's new in this release please refer to the documentation at http://go.microsoft.com/fwlink/?LinkId=254443
, and for important information that you should read prior to installing SP4 please see the Release Notes
In the 'Downloads' section you will three files:
- HPC2008R2SP4-Update-x64 : Download this .zip file to obtain the updater for use on your head nodes, compute nodes, broker nodes, and x64-based clients and workstation/cycle harvesting nodes. It also contains the Web Components (REST and Web Portal), Azure VM, and KSP ('soft card') installers necessary to use those features.
- HPC2008R2SP4-Update-x86 : This .zip file contains the updated for use on 32-bit clients and workstation/cycle harvesting nodes. It also contains the KSP ('soft card') installer for 32-bit clients.
- SP4 Media Integration Package : For customers who will be doing multiple new cluster installations (setting up brand new head nodes, not just updating existing clusters) you can use this package to update your original ('RTM') installation media to have SP3 integrated from the beginning. (Instead of installing from your RTM DVD, then applying SP1, then applying SP2, then applying SP3.) Please refer to the instructions on the HPC team blog for more information
Download HPC Pack 2008 R2 SP4 - Microsoft Download Center - Download Details
Other SP4 related downloads:
HPC Pack 2008 R2 Express with Service Pack 4
HPC Pack 2008 R2 Express provides enterprise-class tools, performance, & scalability for a highly productive HPC environment
Windows HPC Server 2008 R2 Suite with Service Pack 4 Evaluation
Windows HPC Server 2008 R2 Suite with SP4 provides enterprise-class tools, performance, & scalability for a highly productive HPC environment
HPC Pack 2008 R2 MS-MPI Redistributable Package with Service Pack 4
A stand-alone, and redistributable, installer for the Microsoft MPI implementation
HPC Pack 2008 R2 Client Utilities Redistributable Package with Service Pack 4
A stand-alone, and redistributable, installer for the Microsoft HPC Pack 2008 R2 Client Utilities
Windows Azure HPC Scheduler SDK
HPC Pack 2008 R2 SDK with Service Pack 4
The Microsoft HPC Pack 2008 R2 SDK was designed to provide the tools and content necessary to write parallel applications for the Windows HPC Server 2008 R2 platform. The zip files are subject to the license terms for the SDK.